Beryl Forums
Welcome to beryl forums, a place where you can relax!! Login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Beryl Forums
Welcome to beryl forums, a place where you can relax!! Login or register!
Beryl Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arena X

Go down

Arena X Empty Arena X

Post by Katt Wed Sep 01 2010, 09:35

A KittKatt production…

In association with Voyage Comics and Voyage X-tra

Videogames have been popular for decades. Ever since the very first videogame, people from all generations are finding them totally immersing. More and more videogames came to be until there was nothing but what we know as the cyber age. Technology is a wonder. Thanks to it, videogames have become the equivilant of controllable movies. One can sit back and watch as they control three dimensional characters in epic adventures. But those days are over. People often wondered what it’d be like to physically experience these adventures. Well, why can’t we?

Arena X

Episode 1: Downloaded

Young Cathy Powell is videogame junkie. She earns money doing odd jobs just so she can spend it on the latest videogame. Her favorite videogame is called Arena. It’s a handheld game but she’s about to stumble onto a game greater than anything she’s ever played. She girl walks up to the counter at her local videogame stores and slams her money down saying “Hey, Jimmy, I’d like Arena Online, Please.” Her bright smile and soothing eyes are like her bait to getting people to do whatever she pleases.

Jimmy walks to the shelf and searches but can’t seem to find it. “I’m sorry, Cathy, I think we’re sold out”, he says. As he turns around he sees Cathy staring him down with dagger-like eyes. The two of them proceed to stare one another down. The customers in the store watch as if there’s about to be a western style shoot-out.

A bead of sweat drops down Jimmy’s brow as Cathy smirks. “Jimmy, we play this game every time. I know your shipment records. The game was released three days ago and you got that shipment last night while the store was closed. Today I happened to be the fourth person through this door. So that means you must not have put up the games yet and only cleared the spots on the shelves not long ago. So go into the back and get me my game.”

Jimmy uneasily looks around as he’s been fried by a teenager. The customers all stare at him as if he’s on the spot. Cathy blows her finger like a gun then winks. “Fine, I’ll go get it”, he finally says. The twenty something year old clerk, being bested by his seventeen year old rival once again, submits and walks to the back room to get the game.

The two of them make the exchange and Cathy leaves the store. Then she looks in through the window and smiles. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a whistle. Jimmy’s eyes widen as she puts it to her mouth. He frantically signals her not to blow the whistle. He even begs at one point but he can’t stop her.

As soon as she blows the whistle, an armada of teenagers and game junkies floods into the store and Cathy walks away. Cathy runs home and dashes to her room then turns on the computer. The impatient girl sits around the room waiting for the computer to finally load then slips the game in before it’s finished. The game begins to load but incredibly slowly. Once it’s at ninetynine percent, the bar begins to move backwards. But by this time, Cathy is already hitting herself over the head with a pillow.

Over an hour later, she finally begins the game. Her first step is to create her character, a fuction she’s no stranger to. She starts with the basics. She generates a female character, seventeen years in age. She gives her long, black hair and black cat ears to match like that of a Japanese anime character. She proceeds to dress her character and give her a name. “I think I’ll call you Mewmi”, she says to herself.

When Cathy clicks enter, the computer seems to shut down. Enrage by this, Cathy goes into frenzy. But the computer turns back on with only a blue screen. She sits back down and watches as codes begin to stream across the screen. It suddenly appears that they jump from the screen and float around her. Cathy swats at them like flies but they shock her. She soon finds that they’ve begun to float all around her and she feels herself lift from the chair.

Her clothes disappear and reform like the ones on her game character. She begins to scream as these codes continue to change her, giving her the ears and tail of a cat. The codes then flood back into the computer. They don’t stay, however. They form a large hand and drag Cathy inside.

Cathy falls down what seems to be an endless hole filled with codes and the like. She sees a bright light and braces herself. She wakes up in the middle of this huge place. Around her are shops and small buildings. It’s like she’s in an enormous shopping center. Most of the people there look confused and distraught. A large computer screen appears before the crowd. Cathy twitches her ears and tilts her head to watch.

The screen shows the silhouette of a man. “Greetings, players, and welcome to the Arena. You may be wondering what is happening. Well don’t worry. I am here to assure you that you are all safe. This is the newest Arena Gaming Experience. We are taking the meaning of online play to entirely different levels. For those of you that ask, no you are not home. You want to get back? There are two ways to do this. Take the exit portals now while they’re still there or win the game. If you’re taking the portals, I suggest you hurry”, says this strange character before the entire screen disappears. The group of people runs for the portals, trampling Cathy in the process. But she remains unharmed…to a degree.

“I gotta get out of here”, she says to herself as she picks herself up and dusts off.

Cathy runs around looking for the portals but when she finally finds them, she also finds that they’re beginning to shrink. She sees the last open portal and makes a run for it but the portal closes just as she dives to reach it. She hits the ground on her side and lands hard. Soon she realizes that she may never get home. Tears fill her eyes. As she wipes them away, a hand extends to help her up. “You look like you could use some help”, says the boy at the other end of it.

Cathy hesitantly grabs his hand and gets up. “What are you, some sort of game program?” She asks as she dusts herself off.

“I wish, if I was a game program I’d be home. I got pulled into this game like all the other suckers who bought it. But there is one thing I’m dying to know,” says this helpful boy, “Why the cat ears?”

Cathy looks up at her ears and wiggles them a bit. “What, these,” she asks knowingly, “Well I like kittens and my name’s Cathy so it seemed to fit for the time being.”

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Cathy, name’s Oliver but I’ve always hated that name. Just call me Oli”, he says, shaking Cathy’s hand.

The two of them proceeded to walk around this enormous, high tech mall and finally found a place to get a bit to eat. When they did, they saw a boy sitting alone with his feet propped up on his table, his baseball cap pulled down over his face, and a toothpick sticking out of his mouth, all while he sat there with his hands behind his head. The sat down at the table next to him.

To their surprise, a robot hovered over to their table. “May I take your orders please?” It asked, displaying a holographic menu. Cathy was too dazed to order anything. Oli simply ignored it and stared at the girl.

“Geez Dude, why don’t you ask her out? Waiter, get them a couple of waters”, says to lone boy from his table.

“Actually, I’ll have some milk please, wait, what am I saying?” Cathy says, covering her own mouth.

“I will give you more time to decide”, says the machine as it places two hard copies of the menu in front of the two players and hovers away.

The boy gets up from his table and sits with Cathy and Oli. “My name’s Ray. Screen Name’s Shining Ray. What about you two?” He asks as he spins the chair around and sits in it backwards.

“My name’s Oli. My Screen Name is Twister 2.0 and this is Cathy, Screen Name… Wait, you never told me yours?”

“It’s Mewmi, so you two seem pretty comfortable around here, knowing that there’s a chance you’re never getting home again.”

Ray and Oli both hold their heads down for a second then look at her. “It helps knowing that all we have to do to get out is win the game. How hard can it be?” Ray says, confidently.

“Yeah, but this isn’t exactly a game. We’re physically here. Something tells me there aren’t any second chances in this game. If we get hurt we’re actually getting hurt. No extra lives either. If we die we die”, Oli says.

“Then here’s the plan,” Cathy says optimistically, “I’m stuck here and so are you two. We should opperate as a team and try to help one another through this. We can beat the game together.”

“That wouldn’t be a bad plan if the game had a technical boss level. The way to win this game is to beat all of the area bosses then win the game tornament which I’m pretty sure will have us all against one another at some point”, Oli says gloomily.

“Then we’ll help one another win until it’s down to the last of us. We’ll get out of here one at a time and won’t ever quit on one another. Do we have a deal?” Cathy asks, putting her hand to the middle of the table.

Both boys stare at her hand then, hesitantly, each put their hands in and nod. “You bet, we’re a team, I’d like to see the idiots who take us on.” Ray says, again confidently. While hardly saying anything except maybe something under his breath, Oli nods and the team is forged.
Katt
Katt
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Arena X 66i455
User Title : The Cat-Girl!
Money : 5089
Character : Misty

Character sheet
LV:
Arena X Left_bar_bleue1/1Arena X Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
HP:
Arena X Left_bar_bleue100/100Arena X Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:

http://shuinn.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Arena X Empty Re: Arena X

Post by Katt Wed Sep 01 2010, 09:36

Episode 2: Learning the Ropes

It’s been just over a week since the three young players first arrived in the world of Arena. They seem to be adapting rather well. But they still aren’t entirely sure how exactly they’re supposed to win the game. “We know plenty about this oversized cyber mall but what’s outside of here?” Cathy asks, taking a sip of her milk. “It says on the box that we can explore some fantastic world. This place can’t be it.”

“There’s a world outside of this place but I don’t think we’re allowed to go out until we’ve won an Arena match.”

“How exactly do we win an arena match? I’m no fighter”, Cathy argues.

A shadow falls over the tables and the three gamers look up over their shoulders at a tall man. He stands proudly with his head held high and his arms crossed with an intense glare looking down on them. “So, you three wish to battle in the arena”, he says with a powerful voice.

“Y-yes, and who might you be, sir?” Oli asks, nervously.

“I am Roc Ja Li. Most would simply call me ‘Rock’. You three hardly seem ready for an arena battle. Do you even know the rules?” He asks.

Oli and Cathy both stutter at the sight of this giant but Ray hardly acknowledges him. “To answer your question, Rocky, no we don’t know the rules. We’re new here,” Ray says nonchalantly, “I take it you were going to try and teach us.”

“As a matter of fact, I am. You three, stand up”, Rock says.

The three stand up and look to the goliath as he nods. He closes his eyes for a brief second then reopens them with great intensity and says “Arena Open!” Once he does, time around the four slows to a stop and they’re suddenly transported to a strange knew location with the look of a martial arts stadium. “This is the Arena. Get familiar with it. Whenever you and another player wish to battle, simply say ‘Arena Open’ and you’ll be taken to an Arena like this. The rules are simple. You’ll fight until one of ypu can’t fight any longer. The only things you aren’t allowed to do are accept help from onlookers outside of the arena and you can’t play dirty. You’ll see what I mean by that later.”

“So that’s it? We just hit one another until one of us can’t hit back anymore? That may sound easy and all but I’m still not a fighter”, Cathy argues.

“Hm, while you’re here in Arena, you’ll find that fighting comes very naturally to you. Even if you’re the worst fighter in the world, this Arena will aid you. Also, here, take these gems. These are called move gems. They store moves you’ve created for yourself. Move are like the special powers that your character has. You create them by thinking about the moves then channeling those thoughts into the gems. You can’t change them once you have them so use them wisely.”

“I don’t like where this is going”, Oli says.

“That’s right, spike hair; the three of you will battle me once you’re done.”

“How exactly do we recover if we’re injured?” Cathy asks loudly, trying to make sure she’s answered.

“All the damage you take is only existant in the Arena during the specific fight you take it”, Rock says, turning away.

The three gamers exchange relatively uneasy looks then focus on the move gems. Each gem began to glow and suddenly they turned into lights. The lights fluttered around each of the three gamers then somehow poured into their bodies. “What was that?” Ray asks, looking at his hands.

“I’m sure you felt that power. All that power flowing into you is what happens when you’ve created your moves. You absorb the crystals and the moves are officially placed into your mind with the immediate knowledge of how to use them.”

“What is one of the gems was red when you got it?” Cathy asks with a concerned look and a strange feeling coming from her stomach.

“Excuse me?” Rock asks.

At first Cathy seems to be taken over by a dizzy spell but she quickly regains her balance. “One of the gems I got was red”, she says weakly. She holds her hands to her racing heart then looks up at Rock who seems worried.

“You’ve received a Summoner’s Crystal. It’s said that the power of those stones could trigger the transformation into a powerful new entity if the assigned move is used as the trigger when in great emotional control. Or if the user is in great emotional distress, it could possibly create a form so devestatingly powerful that it could erradicate the entire arena.”

“I have something that powerful in me right now?”

“Let us not worry about that at the moment. You seem eotionally stable. I trust that you can control yourself. Now, the three of you will battle me! Prepare yourselves!”

“Alright, guys, let’s show this guy we mean business!” Ray says confidently.

The Arena Drone floats down to the center of the stadium. The lights on its body start at red. Then a dinging is heard and it slowly changes to yellow. Finally the lights turn green and the fighters all charge.
Katt
Katt
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Arena X 66i455

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Wed Sep 01 2010, 09:39

Episode 3: ARENA OPEN to Fallen Angels

The fighting begins with the three gamers splitting up. Cathy and Oli run off to the sides while Ray takes Rock head on. Rock grins then slides to get Oli and Cathy to slam into one another while tripping Ray. Then he stands up and clenches his fist. "The three of you will never get anything done that way. It's a good idea in theory but you should take the time to learn your opponent before you try to strike."

"He's right, let's study him a bit first", Oli suggests.

"Nah, I'm good with just hitting him", Ray says as he impatiently charges at the martial artist.

Rock crosses his arms and waits for Ray to get close enough. As soon as Ray extends his arm to throw a punch, Rock catches his hand. "Is this how you plan to beat me", he asks. He opens his eyes and looks seriously down on Ray who simply smiles.

"Actually, I planned to do something like this", Ray says. His arms suddenly catch fire and Rock's hand is burned. But he seems to endure this.

"I've faced many sneakier foes than you, boy", he says sternly.

Rock's fist suddenly become surrounded in an energy that comes across as swirling light which he uses to deliver one powerful punch to Ray that throws him across the Arena. Ray hits the Arena wall but pulls himself out and shakes it off. "I think the handicaps are on. That punch would have cleaned an elephant's clock", Cathy says with a smile.

"Cathy, do you have any speed moves on you?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do."

"Use it to distract him. Ray, you get in there and try to get in some small damage. I'll be right behind you", Oli says with a smile.

Cathy closes her eyes then opens them to reveal a cat-like sharpness. Without so much as a sound, she races off, literally running circles around Rock who stands there and waits. But he never expects Ray to appear and punch him in the face. Rock picks himself up and crouches down. Then he delivers that same heavy punch to the ground and trips Cathy up. She rolls all the way into the arena wall but picks herself up just in time for Ray to land on top of her.

Then Rock turns to Oli who disappears before his eyes. Oli puts on his shades and starts making jestures with his hands that seem to create illusions. "I call it mirage," Oli says, "There are about twelve of me and one of you." The illusions proceed to lunge at Rock all at the same time. Rock can't seem to find the real one among them and it's because the real one isn't among them. Oli lands on Rock's head with a heavy kick that throws Rock to the ground.

"Alright, you three, I know when I've met a challenge to great for myself. You are indeed worthy opponents. I conceed defeat."

The Arena around everyone begins to glow and it disappears along with Rock. Cathy looks around for him then shrugs. "I can't find him anywhere."

"He could have been a game character", Oli suggests.

"It'd explain why he was so tough. He was either really tough or he's a player that uses cheat codes", Ray added.

Oli looks around and sees something he hadn't recognized as being there before. It was a large portal. "I think that Arena win got us access to the world outside of this oversized cyber mall.", he says, walking over to the portal. The portal has a small location selection screen next to it but only one location seems available. "I guess this would be the only place we can go right now."

"Then let's go check it out", Ray says, walking in.

The portal spits the three out in the middle of a forest. "Well this seems like a bad idea now", Cathy complains. "I don't see any way back from here."

After some short time of wandering around, Cathy's ears twitch. She hears something in the distance. Then she picks up on a smell. Suddenly she runs off deeper into the woods. "Cathy, hey, wait up!" Ray calls out. He and Oli chase after her only to catch up with her and find that she's found a girl lying there unconcious. She's dressed in a gorgeous white dress and has long, black hair.

"Come on, guys, let's try to get her to some place that's open."

"I don't think we have time for that. Look, she's moving."

The girl suddenly opens her eyes to see the trio looking down on her. She looks around at the surrounding forest and then back at the others. "Where am I", she asks with a soft and soothing voice. Her face seems strangely distant and almost blank.

"You're in...well, you're in some forest. What's you're name?" Cathy asks.

"I...I don't remember. I don't remember much of anything."

Cathy looks back to the others then nods. She helps this girl up and walks her to the others. "We've got to figure a way out of here", she says to them. They suddenly feel a slight breeze and a girl walks out from behind a tree. "Hello, are you this girl's friend?"

"No, my Screen Name is Hikari. I just got here myself but I do know a way back to the Arena Dome. When you transport out of the Dome, you get these teleport pods. Close your hands completely around them and they teleport you back."

Cathy reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pod as her friends all do the same. The mystery girl finds one in her pocket as well and like that, everyone was back in the Arena Dome. The girl sits down in a seat and holds her head. Cathy takes the seat next to her and calls over a Robot to take an order for her. "So do you remember anything at all?" Cathy asks, taking a sip of milk from the bottle she had on her belt from earlier.

"I only remember that this is some kind of huge game. But I can't remember anything else."

"Would you mind if I called you Rachel, then?" Cathy asks. "You remind me of my sister, Rachel in some way."

The girl nods with a small smile on her face. "Yes, I like that name. Rachel's fine."

Cathy nods and puts her hand on Rachel's back. "Hey, you know what, I bet you'd get your memory back if you got out of this game." Everyone suddenly grows quiet then looks at Cathy. "Alright, that's that. From here on out we're all helping one another but Rachel is a priority. We can't turn this away, guys. What do you say, please?" Oli is the first to put his hand in followed by Ray. Then Hikari puts her hand in.

"I've been looking for some actual adventure in this game", Hikari says with a grin.

"We're in this together, no matter what", Oli says.

"Alright, we're a team and no one can tell us otherwise. I'd like to see someone take us on", Ray shouts. From then on the team has been decided. Their number one focus shall be to return the memory of their new ally, Rachel, no matter what the cost.
Katt
Katt
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Arena X 66i455

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum