Beryl Forums
Welcome to beryl forums, a place where you can relax!! Login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Beryl Forums
Welcome to beryl forums, a place where you can relax!! Login or register!
Beryl Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make User Bars for Signatures

3 posters

Go down

How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty How to make User Bars for Signatures

Post by ix3TotallyKei Fri Dec 11 2009, 01:55

How to make User Bars for Signatures Phoyor

Lately the userbars have become very popular with people. They are mostly putting them in their forum signatures, which is very practical. They are small, but can be used for linking.

A lot of userbars can be found at www.userbars.com and www.userbars.org, but sometimes people can't find exactly what they want. This is why I have decided to make a tutorial on how to make you own userbar.

The Pictures of this tutorial is made in Photoshop Cs. Well don't be surprised if you got a different Photoshop becuz, it works in every verion of Photoshop.

First of all, you have to create a new picture. The dimensions are as shown in the picture below.
How to make User Bars for Signatures Capture1oj

Next, you must choose you background color. It is best to use the gradient toolHow to make User Bars for Signatures Npni9w and the colors that would suit the thing you are making a bar for. For example this color:
How to make User Bars for Signatures 2u6e2o3

It should look like this.
How to make User Bars for Signatures 156d15d

Now, we must add the diagonal lines seen in all the userbars. To do this, create a new picture, dimensions 6x6 or 4x4[smaller] pixels and transparent. Next, use the pencil tool on that picture to create a diagonal line like this.
How to make User Bars for Signatures 25rgfvr

When you draw that, go to Edit -> Define Pattern and choose the pattern name. Now go back t your userbar pic, and click How to make User Bars for Signatures 15z2vdh this icon, and you will encounter this menuHow to make User Bars for Signatures 1oshs7 Since the lines are too bold, go at the Layer table and adjust the blending options, or you can adjust the opacityHow to make User Bars for Signatures 29ntu12 well its up to you thou Very Happy. This part is rather optional Smile
it should be something like this.
How to make User Bars for Signatures 2ef70cj

Now your done with your scanbars( the Diagonal thinngy lol ) now you have to open your picture. I Advise you to find a .png picture so that it will be easier for you to fix your user bar. For my example, I want a Kagamine Rin User bar, sadly I cant find any pic( haha Epic fail) but if you really want that .jpg file, you should remove the background to make your userbar more neatly. To Do that, you could either use Laso Tool,[either of the three]How to make User Bars for Signatures 14j0pj7< too find that menu, just Left click Lasso Tool and hold until this little menu comes out; or you could also use this tool, How to make User Bars for Signatures 2vxhg1i.

Well this the pic I chose:
How to make User Bars for Signatures X6bx1k

Here's the pic, renderize and resized:
How to make User Bars for Signatures 14bnl9l

Note: Be sure that the size is small enough for your user bar, in my case I pick a really big pic, so I had a had time removing the background and making it smaller.

So next is, putting your pic in your userbar, to put the picture into your userbar, all you have to do is drag your the picture into the userbar.
How to make User Bars for Signatures 97mcf9

now it should be like this.
How to make User Bars for Signatures 2qspe2t

Note: If the Logo/Picture is still big, adjust it until the way you want it to look like.
Done with the logo, now the text. For the Text, I will use Visitor BRK. [ download link http://www.dafont.com/visitor.font ]Set the font size to 10pt/12pt, turn of anti aliasing, and increase the character spacing to 25. When you write the text, use the stroke option to create a black or white 1 pixel border, depending on the font color. Here's what you should get.
How to make User Bars for Signatures Jt5c9k

Now that's done, the last step is to emboss it.
Then, you should add the elliptic transparent white part. In order to do that, choose the Ellipse Tool, select Create Filled Region and set the opacity to 30% or less to get the best quality. Create a new ellipse with this tool so that it's bottom part is located in the top of the picture.

The final thing to do is to add a 1 pixel border to the whole picture, and do it with around 20% opacity. I hope that there is no need to explain this. And here is the product – Thunderbird userbar.
How to make User Bars for Signatures Okzknq

If you have any further questions or want to comment my tutorial, you are free to do so.
How to make a userbar by pyost

In my case I Dont Like the Light Effect so, I just added another layer, and color it with my forecolor, and then, there is shadow thinngy, but the whole picture is covered. To see the picture again, just go to blending options, Layers: Color Burn Opacity 65% and there you have it, a Kagamine user bar.

How to make User Bars for Signatures 24kyupy

That's it, Smile hope u get it thou Very Happy.

Last edited by ix3TotallyKei on Fri Dec 11 2009, 18:19; edited 2 times in total
ix3TotallyKei
ix3TotallyKei
GFX Designer

Moderator  GFX Designer

User Title : The GFX Freak :D.
Money : 6186
Ice
Character : Kawaii Pal

Character sheet
LV:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue2/1000How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (2/1000)
HP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue101/101How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (101/101)
EXP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue90/100How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

Back to top Go down

How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty Re: How to make User Bars for Signatures

Post by m9clz Fri Dec 11 2009, 12:27

wahaha, yehey, tutorial, tnx kc^^
m9clz
m9clz
Noble Member X4
Noble Member X4

GFX Designer
Money : 15609
Prussia
Character : Usagi-chan

Character sheet
LV:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue10/1000How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (10/1000)
HP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue109/109How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (109/109)
EXP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue106/500How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (106/500)

Back to top Go down

How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty Re: How to make User Bars for Signatures

Post by ix3TotallyKei Fri Dec 11 2009, 15:32

m9clz wrote:wahaha, yehey, tutorial, tnx kc^^

hahah, dont thank me yet Smile its not yet done Smile
ix3TotallyKei
ix3TotallyKei
GFX Designer

Moderator  GFX Designer

Ice

Character sheet
LV:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue2/1000How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (2/1000)
HP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue101/101How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (101/101)
EXP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue90/100How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by m9clz Fri Dec 11 2009, 15:33

ix3TotallyKei wrote:

i know^^ i mean tnx in advance
m9clz
m9clz
Noble Member X4
Noble Member X4

GFX Designer
Prussia

Character sheet
LV:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue10/1000How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (10/1000)
HP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue109/109How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (109/109)
EXP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue106/500How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (106/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by cuteako27 Fri Dec 11 2009, 16:00

haha. tnx for the tutorial keii-chan Smile haha.
cuteako27
cuteako27
Superior Member EX
Superior Member EX

User Title : the CUTEST among the
Money : 8775
Star Draconis
Character : cutes :3

Character sheet
LV:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue5/1000How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (5/1000)
HP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue104/104How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (104/104)
EXP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue192/250How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (192/250)

Back to top Go down

Post by ix3TotallyKei Fri Dec 11 2009, 18:22

cuteako27 wrote:haha. tnx for the tutorial keii-chan Smile haha.

your welcome Smile
ix3TotallyKei
ix3TotallyKei
GFX Designer

Moderator  GFX Designer

Ice

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ix3TotallyKei Fri Dec 11 2009, 18:23

m9clz wrote:
ix3TotallyKei wrote:

i know^^ i mean tnx in advance

lolz, well here it is, its done Smile hope you can make one Smile
ix3TotallyKei
ix3TotallyKei
GFX Designer

Moderator  GFX Designer

Ice

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by cuteako27 Fri Dec 11 2009, 20:58

wooow soo good keii-chan Smile haha.. ur my idool Smile haha
cuteako27
cuteako27
Superior Member EX
Superior Member EX

Star Draconis

Character sheet
LV:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue5/1000How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (5/1000)
HP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue104/104How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (104/104)
EXP:
How to make User Bars for Signatures Left_bar_bleue192/250How to make User Bars for Signatures Empty_bar_bleue  (192/250)

Back to top Go down

Post by m9clz Sat Dec 12 2009, 00:02

wahahaha, i'll make one once i can have a time without my parents, coz' they're disturbing me always like today lol
m9clz
m9clz
Noble Member X4
Noble Member X4

GFX Designer
Prussia

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ix3TotallyKei Sat Dec 12 2009, 00:04

m9clz wrote:wahahaha, i'll make one once i can have a time without my parents, coz' they're disturbing me always like today lol

lolz okay, well its really easy to make so you dont have to make it as your "career" i just made this tut 2 days becuz, of the puctures Very Happy.
ix3TotallyKei
ix3TotallyKei
GFX Designer

Moderator  GFX Designer

Ice

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by m9clz Sat Dec 12 2009, 01:42

wahaha, eh i like it better when no one's around, and besides, i will reformat my pc soon so i hav to transfer files again^_^
m9clz
m9clz
Noble Member X4
Noble Member X4

GFX Designer
Prussia

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by cuteako27 Tue Dec 15 2009, 23:16

m9clz wrote:wahaha, eh i like it better when no one's around, and besides, i will reformat my pc soon so i hav to transfer files again^_^

haha. LOL. nice maderuu Smile how bout locking ur parents nd bro outside? haha Smile
cuteako27
cuteako27
Superior Member EX
Superior Member EX

Star Draconis

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by m9clz Wed Apr 14 2010, 03:49

cuteako27 wrote:haha. LOL. nice maderuu Smile how bout locking ur parents nd bro outside? haha Smile

wahaha,LOL...i can't do dat
m9clz
m9clz
Noble Member X4
Noble Member X4

GFX Designer
Prussia

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down