Beryl Forums
Welcome to beryl forums, a place where you can relax!! Login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Beryl Forums
Welcome to beryl forums, a place where you can relax!! Login or register!
Beryl Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters

2 posters

Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters

Post by Psychid Mon Jan 25 2010, 02:28

Currently, I'm writing this story entitled Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters, which is a crossover fic between Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Total Drama Island. ...Actually, it's really not that much of a crossover fic; it's more like a 5D's fic in which most, if not all, of the characters are counterparts of actual TDI characters.

...Unoriginal of me, I know. tongue

So far, I have written three chapters, and they're all posted on FanFiction.Net. However, when I include a new chapter, I'll only post the link of the chapter on the forum instead of copying and pasting the entire chapter here on this forum. I'm doing this because my chapters are really long, in terms of length.

Here are the first three chapters that I have written so far:

Chapter One: 2084
Chapter Two: The Femaelstrom
Chapter Three: Dueling Mel

I hope you guys enjoy these three chapters, along with any other upcoming chapters I plan to link here! Very Happy

Last edited by Psychid on Mon Jan 25 2010, 08:05; edited 1 time in total
Psychid
Psychid

Money : 5228

Character sheet
LV:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue1/1000Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1000)
HP:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue100/100Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue0/50Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~psychid

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters

Post by Beejay1231 Mon Jan 25 2010, 03:03

I've read it and I think it's good. I think you've already read my review or critique. You also need to work on the length because it is so long. It might be hard for the readers to read. About 1,500 to 3,000 words would do. Very Happy
Beejay1231
Beejay1231
Admin
Admin

GFX Designer
Advertising Staff
User Title : Sexiest Man Alive
Money : 9475
Reborn
Character : Bera Reborn

Character sheet
LV:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue9/1000Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (9/1000)
HP:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue108/108Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (108/108)
EXP:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue358/450Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (358/450)

https://berylforums.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty I know...

Post by Psychid Mon Jan 25 2010, 06:00

I got your critique, and I know that I could've made each chapter shorter. I'm sorry; I just can't help it when it comes to story length. Sorry. Sad

But I did appreciate your critique, though. Wink
Psychid
Psychid

Character sheet
LV:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue1/1000Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1000)
HP:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue100/100Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EXP:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Left_bar_bleue0/50Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty Trivia

Post by Psychid Wed Feb 03 2010, 06:23

Well, since I'm kind of throwing obscure pop culture reference in this story, in which I plan on continuing to do this (XD), I thought I'd give you a little trivia about the references I include throughout each chapter. Please, enjoy! Smile
Chapter One
  • This chapter's title is a reference to George Orwell's dystopian novel, 1984.

• The introductory word, "DATELINE", is a reference to Action League Now!, in which every episode starts off with the announcer saying, "DATELINE".

• Jimma and Bobba, the two duel commentators, are characters from Final Fantasy X, in which they are sports commentators for the blitzball games.

• At the end of this chapter, one of Psychid's concerns was getting a review from sonicissocool112, the author of Author Fighters: Kingdom Hearts Chaos, in which he would claim that the story had major flaws, including the facts that the "writing style was really bad", everyone being "out of character", having a "ridiculous plot", an "illegal format", and "explicit spelling/grammar errors". This is both a reference and a mockery towards the fact that Author Fighters: Kingdom Hearts Chaos has the same faults as what sonicissocool112 claimed that Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters would have.

Chapter Two
  • This chapter's title is a reference to Robert W. Smith's The Maelstrom.

Chapter Three
  • This chapter's title is a reference to the Australian documentary film, Chasing Mel.

• The dialogue exchanged between Jasmine and Mel in which they argue about Mel "summoning a bunch of monsters in one turn" is an obvious reference to episode one of LittleKuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series, in which it is a running gag throughout that series.

Hope you enjoyed it, everyone! Smile
Psychid
Psychid

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty Chapter Four Up!

Post by Psychid Sat Feb 06 2010, 06:28

Chapter four is officially up and running! Very Happy Hope you all enjoy! Smile
Psychid
Psychid

Character sheet
LV:
HP:
EXP:

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of the Busters

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum